This is a new role on the CAMP Rehoboth team and will be responsible for bringing both structure and imagination to the communications activities. This role is both strategic and tactical, requiring the ability to think big while minding all the details. You must be a savvy project manager who is comfortable juggling multiple projects for different people on different timelines. This role will report to and work closely with the Executive Director (ED) on all projects, in addition to partnering with other staff to coordinate organizational storytelling to members and non-members.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with team members to collect, organize, and share compelling stories about CAMP Rehoboth.
- Develop, along with the ED and Program Director, a communications calendar and content plan that encompasses all communications tools (including the 15x year publication, social media, weekly emails, and website) and supports general communications, membership, and development activities.
- Serve as Managing Editor for the 15x year (96+ page) publication Letters from CAMP Rehoboth working closely with the Editorial, Advertising, and Production teams to keep publication on track and visible to the community. Strong project management and editing skills a must!
- Develop creative, compelling, and mission-centric fundraising messages that articulate the special role of CAMP Rehoboth in the LGBTQ area and as community leaders.
- Prepare periodic donor cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation materials and coordinate all successful efforts by adapting messaging as needed relative to donors’ particular interests and specific history with CAMP Rehoboth as directed.
Who You Are
You have at least 5 years of nonprofit experience and enjoy working on small teams whose members all wear many hats. You are a considerate listener and believe everyone has an important story to tell. You readily connect the dots between fundraising, communications, and programs, and you inspire your colleagues to see those connections as well. You appreciate structure and systems and believe they make your work easier and better. You value anecdotes and numbers in equal measure. You are a strong project manager with attention to detail.
Attributes of Success
- Experience in communications and donor/member-based operations.
- Experience producing print and online materials in conjunction with a graphic designer with some ability to create graphics on own.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, Adobe Cloud Suite, Microsoft Access, Google products and Drupal-based website a plus.
- Experience with donor CRMs.
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.