CAMP Rehoboth seeks a new Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization toward the achievement of its mission while ensuring effective and sustainable operations. The ED implements the strategic plan of CAMP Rehoboth and other policies of the Board of Directors, while leading the fundraising, administration, facilities management, and program oversight of the organization.
In partnership with the Board, the ED also supports board development, strategic planning, and the identification of new funding sources. The ED provides internal leadership and oversees all aspects of the organization’s staffing function. As a critical voice in the community, the ED also represents the organization to external constituencies, including funders, donors, elected officials, and the general public.
- Minimum 8-10 years in nonprofit management/organizational leadership, with ability to influence and drive organizational evolution in keeping with mission, strategic goals, and capacity.
- Proven experience in financial management within an organization of comparable size and complexity, and exceptional skills in budgeting and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to and proven experience in public policy issues related to equal rights and fair treatment of LGBTQ+ communities.
- Experience in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy/plan, with proven skill in fund development through various techniques (including major donor cultivation, event management, grant writing, planned giving, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with keen ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with diverse stakeholders, such as: donors, community organizations, local and state officials, and community members.
- Experience in the administration of a community-based, membership organization.
- Experience in building, managing, and motivating staff and volunteers as well as in leveraging and collaborating with a nonprofit board of directors.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present and speak publicly on relevant issues.
- Entrepreneurial energy with proven business acumen and passion for mission, along with interest in people and ability to cultivate ongoing relationships throughout a broad community.
Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or relevant field.
Apply by submitting your resume with cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to Subject Line “CAMP Rehoboth” at email@example.com. For initial consideration, please submit your application by May 31, 2019. No calls please.