Generations - Call For Art
When multiple generations come together to make art, something magical happens! The act of creation gives a powerful voice to young and old alike and builds a sense of shared community pride. This is the foundation for the CAMP Rehoboth’s upcoming art exhibition “Generations!” This exhibition combines the talents of emerging, established, and those who are young and "young at heart” by showcasing the work of high school student artists and artists who are 55 plus years of age.
If you are 55-plus or a high school student, CAMP Rehoboth invites you to submit artwork for display and sale during the exhibition. You can enter up to three works for consideration to be included in this show. Paintings, photographs, multimedia art, video, and smaller 3-D works will be considered. Artwork will be exhibited in the CAMP Rehoboth Community Center throughout December.
An Artists’ Reception held on December 8 will provide the opportunity for multi-generational artists and art lovers to mingle and enjoy the artwork and refreshments.
The arts are a key part of our vibrant community, and CAMP Rehoboth supports the arts by promoting the work of local artists. The 25% commission on artworks sold during this show will go to support CAMP Rehoboth’s art initiative CAMPfire, where we are Fostering, Inspiring and Rewarding Emerging arts and energizing the arts!
- Exhibition Dates: December 1 to 29, 2018
- Deadline for Entry: November 7, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: November 14, 2018
- Drop off/receipt of art: November 26 to 28, 2018
- Artists’ Reception: December 8, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Artwork Pick Up: December 29, 2018 and January 2, 2019
Show us your creativity and talent by entering your artwork for consideration. It’s easy! The entry process and guidelines are provided below.
- Up to three jpegs of your artwork or MP4 video files can be entered for consideration. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a jpeg of each artwork entered. If you are entering MP4 video files for consideration, which may be too large to attach to an email, please contact us and will make special arrangement.
- In your email, please include your contact information: your name, email, mailing address, and telephone number. Please also include the following information about each artwork submitted: the jpeg file name, title of the work, framed size, and price if you wish to sell the piece. Your entry email with jpegs and all needed information must be received by November 7, 2018.
- You will receive notification on whether your artwork was accepted by November 14, 2018. Consignment agreement forms will be provided to those whose work is accepted.
- Size of framed works should be a minimum of 11x14” and no larger than 20x24.”
- Artwork delivered must be ready to display. Framed works should have a wire for hanging. Saw tooth hangers are not permitted.
- Selected artwork and the completed consignment agreement forms must be delivered to the CAMP Rehoboth Community Center, 37 Baltimore Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971, between November 26 to 28, 2018.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up by January 2, 2019.
We look forward to seeing your entries as we celebrate and the arts and strengthen community bonds! Please let us know if you have any questions.