LottoREDUX: July 3 at the Rehoboth Convention Center
It is hard not to do an encore when the applause still resounds, and that is how we feel about reprising last year’s LottoHEART Game Show. The reviews were outstanding, we laughed our asses off, and we’ve had a number of artistic success stories. So hey, let’s do it again!
Once again, over 200 artists (and wannabes) said they’d make and donate their art. The artwork is not signed on the front, so you’ll have to just pick what you LOVE! We are totally excited that about 40% of these artists are new supporters of CAMP Rehoboth.
Now we are looking to our patrons and art lovers to bring it!
Mark Your Calendar. With the Independence Day holiday celebrated this year on Monday, the LottoHEART Game Show will be on Saturday, July 3rd (the Love Dance is on Sunday). In case this is all news to you: Over 200 postcard-sized works of art will be exhibited at CAMP Rehoboth June 26-July 2, 2010. Then, the 5” x 7” works will be the coveted prizes on Saturday July 3rd when Christopher Peterson leads the entertainment and hosts the Game Show and live auction, while you munch on the food and slurp at the open bar.
There are four ways to win:
1) just come! (food, drink, fun)
2) join us and bid! (all of the above + live auction)
3) join us and play! (all of the above + Art Lottery)
4) stay home (NEW PROXY PROGRAM this year!)
1) Come for the fun: a $25 general admission ticket includes open bar, light nibbles, art exhibition, friends galore, and Christopher Peterson bullying us through the fastest auction you will ever attend.
Your general admission ticket gets you in the door, but all you’ll go home with is a smile unless you…
2) bid in the live auction. Interspersed with the lottery part of the Game Show, we’ll be conducting the HEART of the Community auction with art by J. S. Adams, Julie Borden, Geri Dibiase, Ward Ellinger, Terry Isner, John Bittinger Klomp, Lee Wayne Mills, Linda Minkowski, Jeff Todd Moore, Aina Nergaard-Nammack, Ron Tate, and Phyllis Zwarych. This year we’ve asked the artists to focus on one of the following words: Connection, Adaptation, Metamorphosis, or Progression.
Anyone can bid in the live auction, but you need to be lucky to...
3) score a coveted $100 Art Ticket (includes general admission). With this ticket, you are guaranteed a piece of art. With over 200 pieces, there are sure to be many that you will love.
How do you get the art you desire? Well, that is a matter of luck. The LottoHEART Game Show draws players at random, and you will select your art in the order you are drawn (no pun intended!) There are surprise door prizes and daily doubles as the game progresses, so everyone will be a winner.
By June 25, we’ll be launching a web gallery that will allow you to create and print a ranking sheet to keep track of your favorites. How cool is that? Or use the ranking card available at the event (we’ll have plenty!) to pre-determine the order of your preference, so you’ll be able to keep up with the riotous pace.
So, for example, if you are part of a couple and only want one piece of art, you could buy one Art Ticket for $100 and one general admission ticket for $25. That’s $125 for open bar, food, entertainment, and a lovely parting gift of original art. There isn’t a better deal around.
Can’t come? Don’t fret...
4) ...you can still be a winner, even if you can’t come. NEW this year is our online Proxy Program. Just buy your Art Ticket (you’ll need to get your ticket number from CAMP Rehoboth so if you order online, phone the office) and use our online Proxy Tool on the web gallery to select your artworks and determine your preferred order and submit your proxy with one click (rank up to 10 pieces). Volunteers will play in your place—and we’ll try our best to get your piece. From the feedback we received last year, it should work out for you. But it’s a lottery, so you take your chances! You will be able to pick up your art from the CAMP Rehoboth office after July 4th.
Tickets are limited! Buy yours today.
LottoHEART—Where Art & CAMP Collide!
Tickets on Sale NOW for the LottoHEART Game Show, Saturday, July 3.
Come to the event for $25 or buy an Art Ticket for $100 and play LottoHEART—every player wins a piece of original art! The lotto part is the order in which the art is chosen.
Purchase tickets and see the list of participating artists at camprehoboth.com. A sneak peek preview party honoring the artists will be held at CAMP Rehoboth at 37 Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth Beach, DE on Saturday, June 26th from 4-6pm.
Details: LottoHEART 2010; Saturday, July 3, 6 p.m.–9 p.m., at the Rehoboth Beach Convention Center; 229 Rehoboth Avenue; hosted by Christopher Peterson; open bar all night; general admission $25; Art Ticket admission $100; benefits CAMP Rehoboth.
Participating Artists (as of 6/1/10)
Sondra N. Arkin
Bill Bernhart/Kyle Malinosky
John Bittinger Klomp
F. Lennox Campello
Ann Marie Coolick
Virgil (Spot) Daniel
Michael T. Fiur
Lola T. Fiur
Beth “Mod Betty” Lennon
Joey P. Manlapaz
Lee Wayne Mills
Mary Beth Ramsey
Fabian H. Rios Rubino
Katherine M. Rogers
Judy G. Rolfe
Peter Alexander Romero
Lisa K. Rosenstein
Craig P. Webb
Jose M. Weidner-Ahorrio
Michael A. Welsh Jr.
Phyllis D. Zwarych