CAMP Rehoboth Community Center is partnering with Delaware Hospice and Beebe Medical Foundation to offer an Life Planning Panel, free-of-charge, to all community members on Monday, October 23, at 6 p.m.
This panel is open to all community members - healthy individuals, care-givers, or anyone finding themselves or a loved one up against a challenging diagnosis. Regardless, there are many things to learn and prepare for life planning. "It is better to plan in a proactive, conversational manner," said Ann DeLazaro, Provider Service Executive at Delaware Hospice.
This will be a very interactive session, where the format is conversation and the objective is planning while healthy. Discussion will center on how to be prepared for when a "curveball" comes, whether to you or to a loved one.
Jody Barbarulo, Patient Advocate from the Palliative Care Team, Beebe Healthcare (Lewes, DE)
Melissa Cheshire-Lynch, Associate Director of Nursing, Delaware Hospice In-Patient Hospice (Milford, DE) as well as Sussex County In-Home Hospice Care
Ann DeLazaro, Provider Service Executive, Delaware Hospice
- Healthy and honest communication with healthcare providers without fear of judgement
- Paperwork to have, including: health care directive, power of attorney, and will
- How to advocate for yourself and loved ones while healthy
- And if that medical "curveball" comes:
- How the paperwork will protect you, your rights and your quality of life?
- What resources are available to you or loved ones?
- What if you are alone?
- What illnesses are covered? Specific examples will be provided.
- What about insurance? Specific examples will be provided.
- Transitions, Palliative and Hospice services of Delaware Hospice will be discussed.
- Other, different services to serve YOU, based on what YOUR goals
This forum will be an open and safe environment to ask questions and learn about this essential stage of life. There will be medical document hand-outs and the panel will be ready to answer questions and concerns.
Register in advance
Please register in advance by contacting Ann DeLazaro, Provider Service Executive of Delaware Hospice, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-893-9456.