CAMP Rehoboth Volunteer Opportunities
CAMP Rehoboth Volunteer Opportunities
Founded in 1991 to Create A More Positive (CAMP) Rehoboth with room for all, today CAMP Rehoboth is a well-respected institution in Rehoboth Beach and local communities. We bring support and services to all citizens through our long-term connections and partners in the larger community. We also offer fun-filled events for residents and vacationers alike. How is all this achieved? Many volunteers work in countless ways-- both big and small-- to accomplish this mission and have fun too! Sign up today to join our volunteer team. We need you!
Volunteer Opportunity Meetings
All meetings are held at the CAMP Rehoboth Community Center unless otherwise noted. For more information about our Volunteer Opportunity sessions, contact Matty Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 227-5620, extension 10. Stay tuned for the 2023 Volunteer Opportunity Meetings schedule.
Current Volunteer Needs
Rainbow Thumb Club
- Weekly spots open Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Please join other 'green thumbs' and help out the Rainbow Thumb Club with beautifying the CAMP Rehoboth courtyard. Watering plants and occasional weeding are mainly required.
- Please indicate in the comments if you have a preference for your day of availability.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/hZEWTwS
CAMPsafe Condom Stuffing Party
- May 30, 10:30 - 12:30 p.m.
- Location: in the Elkins-Archibald Atrium at CAMP Rehoboth
- Join us for CAMPsafe condom stuffing parties in the CAMP Rehoboth Atrium. This volunteer event will feature stuffing condoms, lube, and materials promoting sexual health to be shared with CAMPsafe distribution points and community partners.
- May 30 signup: https://signup.com/go/zMeEqQy
CROP Returns to National Trails Day
- Saturday, June 3 at Cape Henlopen State Park
- We will be cleaning up trails and beaches along with other volunteers as part of National Trails Day.
- Children and youths accompanied by an adult are always welcome to join us.
- At noon we will be treated to a picnic lunch provided by the Village Improvement Association.
- For more information and to sign up, go to https://signup.com/go/XDByhcJ
- Thursday, June 8 - Monday, June 12, various events at Milton Theatre
- Join us at Milton Theater to celebrate various pride events by staffing the CAMP Rehoboth table at any one of the following:
- Elton John Tribute Show (June 7): Lee Alverson brings his award-winning “One Man, One Piano, One Night ” Show featured in Las Vegas to the Milton Theatre
- Lez Zeppelin (June 8): A concert with the “She-Incarnation” of Led Zeppelin
- Magnolia Applebottom (June 9): Magnolia's "Born This Way" Drag Show
- Tina Turner Show (June 10): FOREVER TINA – WORLDS #1 TRIBUTE TO TINA TURNER! (2 shows)
- Suede (June 11 / June 12): Renowned pop / jazz / blues vocalist
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/NnkxbNZ
Pride Film Festival
- Friday, June 9 - Sunday, June 11, Cinema Art Theater
- The Pride Film Festival returns this year in partnership with the Rehoboth Beach Film Society at the Cinema Art Theater.
- Help CAMP Rehoboth staff a table during the various times of the festival.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/wTDgNjj
CAMP Rehoboth PRIDE Handmade Market
- Friday, June 9, 5 - 8 p.m., CAMP Rehoboth Courtyard
- Join us for the CAMP Rehoboth Pride Handmade Market, where local craftspeople will take over the CAMP Rehoboth Courtyard to sell their works. There will be music and a select bar refreshments available.
- Help is needed for set-up, breakdown, and greeters.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/mWsaAKY
Delaware Pride 2023
- June 10, 8am - 6pm
- Come join us for Delaware Pride at Legislative Mall in Dover. Help CAMP spread the word about who we are and all the amazing things we do at the CAMP Table.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/ekOJDtX
CROP Ushers for CAMP Rehoboth Chorus
- June 16 & 17 at 7pm, June 18 at 3pm
- The CAMP Rehoboth Chorus is back for the lazy, hazy crazy days of summer! CROP will once again assist by ushering. We are recruiting for ushers at each performance on Friday 7:00pm, Saturday 7:00pm and Sunday 3:00p.m., June 16, 17 and 18.
- For more information and to sign up, go to https://signup.com/go/VEkLwYP
Sussex Habitat for Humanity - PRIDE Build
- We want to let our CROP and CAMP Rehoboth volunteers know that Sussex County Habitat for Humanity is hosting a Pride Build on Friday, June 16, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.!
- The build will take place in Georgetown at a new home site as we celebrate the LBGTQIA community. It will be a day of working together to help build a safe affordable home and making a positive difference in someone’s life. The work will include “finishing work” such as painting, installing windows and similar tasks under the direction of the habitat construction site supervisor.
- Click here to learn more and register: https://www.sussexcountyhabitat.org/upcoming-events/
Voices From Stonewall
- Sunday, June 25, 4PM show or 7PM show at CAMP Rehoboth's Elkins-Archibald Atrium
- We are looking for volunteers to assist with the "Voices From Stonewall" shows at CAMP Rehoboth on Sunday, June 25.
- Celebrating Pride month, attendees will hear the words of the people who were there when bottles flew, police wagons arrived, and young drag queens, homeless kids, transgender youth, some butch lesbians, and a collection of gay people surprised the police and finally fought back. The show was written by playwright Michael Gilles and writer Fay Jacobs and is directed by Jacobs.
- Ushers and bartenders needed.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/zoLLGMh
CROP Supports the RAL Cottage Tour
- July 11, 12
- This year CROP was presented with a unique opportunity – to participate as docents in the July 11 and 12 Rehoboth Art League (RAL) Cottage Tour.
- RAL supports the arts and culture and so does CAMP Rehoboth, and we are partnering with them to support this annual community event. Other community organizations are supporting the RAL Cottage Tour, and CROP is honored to step up to help.
- CROP has been assigned a very special home in Canal Corkran.
- Shifts run from 9:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. each day. You can sign up for one or both days! Materials and training will be provided. In addition, RAL has invited all volunteers to attend a volunteer appreciation breakfast on June 17 at 9:30 a.m. at RAL.
- For more information and to sign up, go to https://signup.com/go/pvKSqjc
CAMPsafe HIV Testing Volunteers
- Join our CAMPsafe volunteer staff to provide free HIV testing and counseling to the community!
- There are upcoming training days - July 18th and 19th - in Dover that will earn you testing certification to help CAMP with weekly routine testing hours.
- While not requirements, the following are major bonuses as we recruit more volunteer staff: 1 ) Can speak both English and Spanish, and 2) Can be available on some weekends for select special events. If these apply to you, please let us know in the comments.
- Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/biKySdN
Recurring Volunteer Needs
CAMP Rehoboth is looking for people-oriented individuals to volunteer as a "CAMPcierge" to support the daily operations of the CAMP office. CAMPcierges are the “first faces” for people visiting or contacting CAMP, and duties include welcoming visitors, answering the phone and fielding questions in support of the CAMP staff. Generally, CAMPcierges work one or two shifts a week (Morning: 9 - noon or Afternoon: 1- 4), and there is also a need for folks to fill in occasionally during busy times or when a regular volunteer is unavailable. CAMPcierges are needed for some shifts during the week, and for Saturday shifts. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
CROP: CAMP Rehoboth Outreach Program
The CAMP Rehoboth Outreach Program (CROP) is constantly working to cultivate community and strengthen relationships and the connection between us all. To receive emails about CROP volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMP Families is a network of LGBTQ+ inclusive families with LGBTQ+ parents, families with LGBTQ+ children, and sometimes, a little of both. We are families who live in Rehoboth Beach and the surrounding area, as well as families who visit the beach area frequently. We are committed to building community, supporting each other, and creating great and meaningful memories with each other here in Rehoboth Beach. We are looking for families to both propose and take the lead on activites and events. If you have an idea you would like to share, or want to join the next event, send an email to Tara.
Women's FEST Planning. Email email@example.com.
Volunteer Spotlight 1
Volunteer Spotlight 2
Volunteer Spotlight 3
CAMP Rehoboth Outreach Program (CROP)
Volunteer Slide Show 2013 by Leslie Sinclair